Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

From Karminrot to Imolarot II
Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, there are a lot of small details that need attention still: the front fenders (for some reason 4,8 screws are too big for the new body nut), the spare wheel retainer (will be black), the front indicators (will be new like the rest of the bumper) etc. But I don't want to go "over the top". I want it as a daily driver in the summer, not a show car.

The Recaro seats: The upholstery code is 211 Anthrazit, an extra cost option for 86+87 320i, 325 & M3. Nothing unique, but rare here in Norway. I finally found a pair this summer with the usual damage to the outer side of the driver seat. The passenger seat looked ok.
I stripped the seats and swiched the paddings (and rewelded the steel support on the sides). The original padding (with damage) on the driver seat:

[Bild: DSC_0153jkbbde.jpg]

Driver seat half-completed with passenger side padding and new seat cover from evilbay:

[Bild: DSC_0153pourfxb.jpg]

My plan for the winter is to restore the passenger seat. Seat cover is ok (but could be better). The padding is not as you can see in the picture. Any tips? I was planning to glue on a piece of padding and form it to shape with a hot knife, but it seems to be more diffucult than I was hoping for.

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
From Karminrot to Imolarot II - von Jonny - 03.10.2009, 23:17
RE: From Karminrot to Imolarot II - von Jonny - 06.10.2009, 17:22
RE: From Karminrot to Imolarot II - von Jonny - 06.10.2009, 17:42
RE: From Karminrot to Imolarot II - von Jonny - 24.02.2010, 01:38

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste