Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

Trip to Germany and Holland later this year
I hope you can speak English as I cannot speak German. Me and my brother are coming over to Germany then driving on to Holland later this year. Hopefully we can go to the BMW mueseum in Munich which I would absolutly love to do!
We are both looking at buying a seat of wheels for our cars ( he has a E28 and I have an E30) and shipping them back to New Zealand. Would love a set of bbs rs's. Any places that you would reccomend to go for BMW parts, wheels ect?

Thanks so much for your help,
Cheers
Nick
When do you intend to come to germany? The BMW museum closed 4 years ago for renovation, the provisional BMW museum had to close 3 months ago and the new museum will not open within the next 3 months ...
Wohl dem Synodalen, der nichts zu sagen hat und der dennoch schweigt. (Gustav Heinemann)
Hi Nick,

tell us more about your trip. When and where do you want to go? Do you have a scheduled route cross country or anything like that? Might be to have a meeting while you are here around ...

welcome
Martin
E30 Zinnoberrot VFL 320i Cab *** E30 Alpinweiß 318i Baur *** E30 NFL-Freie Zone! ausser E30 318IS *** E83 330dA *** E46 320iTD *** E36 318iC

Thanks so much for the replies. We have'nt booked yet but here is the plan so far. We are going to fly into Frankfurt on around the 25th of August and I thought there was a BMW mueseum in Stuttgart so we were going to hire a car and drive there. Don't know if we have time to go all the way to Munich. From there we are going to drive to Holland because there we have a family reunion. Will be in Europe for about 2 weeks.

My brother is going to stay on for a month or two and go to the beer fest ect. We are both BMW crazy and some sort of meet would be fantastic!
Too bad you´re not in Germany a few days earlier...

The 36. AvD-Oldtimer-Grand-Prix will take place from August 08. to 10., 2008 at the Nurburgring, showing lots of historic Race Cars from the 1930s to the 1980s in "live action" (ever heared a pack of old CanAm-Racecars passing by? WHOOOW!). And most of the car parks around the racetrack will be filled with all kinds of private owned classic cars - and of course the BMW-Clubs are there too!

You will miss the chance to meet a lot of us and see many interesting BMWs and other cars (including E28 and E30) there... Traurig

Just to tantalize you a little more Fettes Grinsen , here´s the link to the event (sorry, its only in german):

http://www.avd.de/index.php?id=1103

It´s really a nice show and a good reason for thinking about changing your travel plans a little bit... Zwinker

I do not think that there´s a BMW-Museum in Stuttgart, but you will find there:

the Porsche-Museum
http://www.porsche.com/germany/aboutpors...chemuseum/

and the Mercedes-Benz-Museum
http://www.museum-mercedes-benz.com/?lang=en

which show nice cars, too. But no BMWs... Fettes Grinsen

Anyway: have a pleasant trip and a nice stay in Germany!

"Mit den Menschen ist es wie mit den Autos... Laster sind schwer zu bremsen." (Heinz Erhardt)
Zitat:Thanks so much for the replies. We have'nt booked yet but here is the plan so far. We are going to fly into Frankfurt on around the 25th of August and I thought there was a BMW mueseum in Stuttgart so we were going to hire a car and drive there. Don't know if we have time to go all the way to Munich.

Well, maybe you over-estimated the distance between Frankfurt and Munich. Frankfurt - Stuttgart by car takes a bit more than 2 hours. Frankfurt Airport - Munich by train is bit more than 3 hours + approx. 10 minutes by subway from Munich central station to BMW.
Wohl dem Synodalen, der nichts zu sagen hat und der dennoch schweigt. (Gustav Heinemann)
But i think there are a lot of bmw freaks near holland. Maybe there can be a special meeting for mates from new zeeland Fettes Grinsen

Der Stephan !
Aus dem All betrachtet, ist die Erde weiß und blau.
Das kann kein Zufall sein. ( BMW 2007 )

[Bild: Allevierlangamkleinsten.jpg]
Cheers.
How long is it from Munich to Holland? Would probably catch a train to Munich and hire a car there and drive to Holland.
Does anyone no of any places that will have bmw wheels for sale, in particular bbs rs's? Smile
Thanks so much for your help!
By the way, if any of you are coming to New Zealand, get in touch and we will try and arrange something. Our NZ BMW forum is http://www.bimmersport.co.nz

Hi Nick,

have you had a look at the German eBay homepage? If there are some on sale, maybe somebody from this forum can pick them up and storage them till you come to Germany.

Cheers,
Torben
Zitat:Cheers.
How long is it from Munich to Holland? Would probably catch a train to Munich and hire a car there and drive to Holland.

Where will you return the car? Germany or The Netherlands? That would be awfully expensive. If you travel back to New Zealand from The Netherlands: Take the train (Munich - Amsterdam 7.5 hours) or (probably cheapest) the plane (Munich - Amsterdam: 90 Minutes flight + check in + way out to Munich airport - in total approx. 3.5 hours when starting at the BMW museum). Ride by car also takes about 7.5 hours ...
Thanks for all of your advice. I heard that you can get very cheap flights if you book more than 6 months in advance, however I cannot seem to find any.
Well, Lufthansa offers Munich-Amsterdam usually for 99 EUR (return). One way usually costs about 500 EUR Zwinker

Wether Munich-Amsterdam is offered by other operators like Easyjet.com, germanwings.com, hapagfly.com, airberlin.com or KLM - no idea, but it's worth to try their online booking websites.

By the way: Since two hours the date of the museum's public re-opening is no longer confidential: June, 21st.
Awesome, have had a talk to the family and we are going to Munich and the BMW mueseum Smile Can't wait!

Couldn't find a 99 euro flight on that airline. Have heard they are more expensive around the end on August because of school holidays?
Thanks allot,
Nick
I find a lot of flights ( with return ) priced 101 Euro. All around the 25. of August. But oneday stop !

This is cheap Fettes Grinsen

Der Stephan !

I ust had a look - by the end of august Lufthansa has lots of return flights MUC - AMS - MUC for currently (dur to high fuel costs) 101 EUR to offer. August, 26th they e.g. offer 7 flights between 6:40 a.m. and 8:50 p.m. for 101 EUR ...
Ich war schneller, tja Schönheit vor Alter Zwinker

Der Stephan !

Have just booked the flights along with a 5 country eurail train pass. We are flying into Frankfurt, and going to Munich by train where we will stay for 5 nights.

Mite go into Austria but not sure. Plan is to go by train to Paris stopping somewhere in France for a night. Reccomend a nice place? Then to Paris where we will stay a couple of nights then head to Holland. This is just the plan so far, have not booked any hotels, we are still looking for accomadation for 4.

Any places where we should go, things we should do?
Any help is much appreciated!

Nick
hmmm..... good question. there are a lot of places you must see.

Do you mean landscapes, or places in munich, paris and the netherlands ?

Best regards Stephan !

Yes landscapes or nice little towns you reccomend us to stop in. While we are in Munich we would like to go and see the Dachau concentration camp.
Any idea's would be appreciated.

Mainly just looking at things to do and place to stay around Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France. We are staying with relatives in Holland so that side of it is sorted out.

Thanks alot,
Nick

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste