Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

From Karminrot to Imolarot II
Hi,
Here are some pics of my 1985 316 (318i).
On a very good day it looked like this:

[Bild: DSCN1032.jpg]

On most other days it looked like this (here I am comparing the colors of a Zinnoberred door and some paint samples):

[Bild: 30042008705.jpg]

The interior had E30 sport seats with E28 perlbeige seat covers. The radio is a Bavaria C Professional RDS:

[Bild: DSCN1125.jpg]

A work in progress:

[Bild: DSC_00186564.jpg]

One year (!) later (may):

[Bild: DSC_0112.jpg]

And finally (june):

[Bild: DSC_0130adwq.jpg]

Sport Evo kidney and 86/87 front:

[Bild: DSC_0144klbc.jpg]

Fluid Film:

[Bild: DSC_0142sdfjhj.jpg]

With tinted (green) windows:

[Bild: DSC_0171ppojcve.jpg]

[Bild: DSC_0156iyfcw.jpg]
Sadly I had to change from perlbeige sport to anthrazit Recaro (so far only the driver seat and door panel):

[Bild: DSC_0154onvrjkcse.jpg]

Today I changed to winter shoes (spikes) and took the last drive of the season:

[Bild: DSC_0157ujxczwe.jpg]

[Bild: DSC_0151uytyxs.jpg]

Next year:
16" M3 wheels (or maybe not):

[Bild: DSC_0157hgdjtr.jpg]

2,7 M20:

[Bild: DSCN02511.jpg]

I have been visiting this forum frequently for a couple of year, but only posted a couple of times. Although my car is not at all original, I like the LOOK of an original E30 (but somewhat lowered) and thats why I like this forum. I have also learned alot from the restoration threads here. Many thanks!

Sorry about the english, my german is much worse!

Greetings from Norway

Jonny
Hi Jonny,

the result looks really nice! However, there seems to be a distinct step from the left front fender to the driver's door in picture 10, but that seems to have been ironed out in one of the lastpictures. Also personally I find the still red painted reatiner of the spare wheel quite irritating...
But in the end there are much worser "crimes" than that Fettes Grinsen [/Tongue in cheek mode]
What are you going to do with the eta-engine? Upgrade it to 327i?

Greetings to Norway!
Cheers
Christian

3er E30 - mehr Auto braucht man nicht.
Höchstens mehrere.
:)
Hallo Jonny, Smile

...Respect for your working, nice Car !
The green tinted Glases are a good Idea.
Please make a update here in the Forum, when you have news.

Sorry for my bad english, Traurig

Greets, Pit Sonne

Gruß, Pit :happy:

great job !

keep us informed .... the M20 ... is it new or restored ?

Heinz
Hi Jonny,
thanks for the nice documentation and the excellent pictures.
Your passion for the E30 is a great example for the fact, that E30 lovers are hanging around all over the world.
Keep us posted about your further steps; we are curious about what is coming next with your car.

Regards

Thomas

Aktuell ohne E30
Schöner E24, E30 oder E21 mit Sechsender erwünscht
I´ve never seen those Recaro seats before. Do you know the year of manufacture ?

The car looks great.
BMW E30 325iA Cabrio ´89 Brillantrot Uni. (04-10)
BMW E21 323i ´80 Polaris met. (04-10)
Hi Jonny,

nice car.........good job done Zwinker

Personally I find that the perlbeige fitting looks great with the imolarot. So I would thinking about to let well ......
Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, there are a lot of small details that need attention still: the front fenders (for some reason 4,8 screws are too big for the new body nut), the spare wheel retainer (will be black), the front indicators (will be new like the rest of the bumper) etc. But I don't want to go "over the top". I want it as a daily driver in the summer, not a show car.

The Recaro seats: The upholstery code is 211 Anthrazit, an extra cost option for 86+87 320i, 325 & M3. Nothing unique, but rare here in Norway. I finally found a pair this summer with the usual damage to the outer side of the driver seat. The passenger seat looked ok.
I stripped the seats and swiched the paddings (and rewelded the steel support on the sides). The original padding (with damage) on the driver seat:

[Bild: DSC_0153jkbbde.jpg]

Driver seat half-completed with passenger side padding and new seat cover from evilbay:

[Bild: DSC_0153pourfxb.jpg]

My plan for the winter is to restore the passenger seat. Seat cover is ok (but could be better). The padding is not as you can see in the picture. Any tips? I was planning to glue on a piece of padding and form it to shape with a hot knife, but it seems to be more diffucult than I was hoping for.
The engine: It's an old but never used 9,7:1 325ix. Unfortunatly the seller "forgot" to tell me it was for a 325ix and not the standard I thought I was buying.
There are some differences between the standard M20 and the 325ix. Some are easy to fix, like the ix uses M10 instead of M8 for the support bracket, uses a different bolt pattern for the oil pan, dipstick at the rear, etc..
The main problem is the relief valve. The ix have integrated the relief valve into the oil pump and therefore don't have a thread for the standard stand alone relief valve.

Standard M20 (relief valve goes to the right):

[Bild: 29082008827.gif]

Ix (third leg of the oil pump with it's integrated valve goes to the right):

[Bild: 29082008825.gif]

The block is lowered 2,2 mm, Schrick 284/272, adjustable cam sprocket, Alpina B3 eprom, Eberspächer non-catalyst exhaust, used eta crankshaft and con rods.
It's what they call "variante III" at e30.de.
Congratulations for the good work. It's nice to see all the e30 lovers all over the Workd...Keep on with the nice pictures !
Der Club hat auch eine Niederlassung in Spanien: http://www.serie3.net [Bild: klobu_e30.gif] Wenn Ihr mal hier seid, meldet Euch mal ! ;)
I took my car on a short drive last weekend:

[Bild: DSC_0152mnvxc.jpg]

[Bild: DSC_0159uitew.jpg]

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste