Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

Leather Seat Renovation
Aufgrund dass Marcel hat schon ein Bericht über Sitzrenovierung geschrieben, habe ich meine Bericht auf Englisch gemacht. Jetzt kann die nicht-Deutschlesern auch mitmachen. Die die nicht Englisch lesen wollen, sollten es als Neu Deutsch lesen ! Fotos ganz am Ende

Today I renovated my leather seats using products from the Lederzentrum – www.lederzentrum.de - they also have links to an English version website. I ordered my supplies from the German website as I live in Germany. At my request the Lederzentrum also supplied English instructions and product labels !

The items I used were (total cost including despatch €79:75):

Mild Leather Cleaner
Leather Cleaning Benzin
Leather Sanding Pad
Liquid Leather (Black F034)
Leather Fresh (Black F034)
Elephant Leather Protector

I also bought Leather Glue for repairing the rip in the drivers seat – this is a project I will carry out once I buy some matching leather to carry out the repair.

Before photo shows the passenger seat before I started, showing the usual wear, particularly on the side cushion of the backrest.

First I cleaned the seats using Mild Leather Cleaner, then cleaned the areas that needed repairs using Leather Cleaning Benzin, then rubbed down all rough spots using the Leather Sanding Pad. At this stage the passenger seat looked like the During photo.

Then I used the Liquid Leather to repair small holes, splits etc. There were none in the passenger seat, but quite a few in the base of the driver seat, the base of the rear seat, plus the rear seat back around the seat belt holder.

I then used the Leather Fresh to restore the colour – two coats on most areas, three on the drivers seat. This was then followed by two treatments with Elephant Leather Protector (recommended by Lederzentrum for Cabrios). The end result is shown in the After photo.

The seats look better in reality than in the photo – the improvement is excellent. The photos also don’t show how much softer and more supple the seats are now. The seats are now ready for the next 16 years and 195000km !

Total time needed was 8 hours for all the seats, but this included some drying times.

Next projects – treat the steering wheel and gearknob, and fix the rip in the drivers seat side cushion.

Before, During and After Photos:

http://www.pixum.de/viewalbum/?id=1286363[/url]
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, go Darkness, go Frozen ! What's my F11 called ?
Hi Nick,

till now I didn't find the time to publish my photos here on this side...
But my seats now looking like yours and I'm also very satisfied with the result... Sonne

Greetings,
Marcel
I have now also finished the leather steering wheel and gearknob.

First came the Leather Sanding Pad, foolowed by the Leather Cleaning Benzin. Then came three coats of Leather Fresh (Black F034) and finally Elephant Leather Protector. Total time was 45 minutes.

I'm very happy with the result Sonne . Before/After picture:

http://www.pixum.de/viewalbum/?id=1289913

Nick

ps Wear rubber gloves when using the Leather Cleaning Benzin and Leather Fresh, unless you want your fingers looking like car seats Herrje! Herrje!
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, go Darkness, go Frozen ! What's my F11 called ?

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste