Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

320/6 Timing belt
Hey

I have problem with my 320 timing belt. I was stupid and throw away the old belt and now i don't now which belt is the right. Yearmodel is -82 and the belt should be with round shape teeth, but it doesnt fit to my car because beltwheels are with square shape teeth. This information doesn't solve the problem because there is 4 or 5 different belts for 320-6cyl on the market...
Hello - can´t really helpy you - but I ´m nearly shure that there are only two belts - with only one teeth difference. I haven´t heart that there are 4 to 5 differnt one´s. Also the profile should be unimportant - I think both existing versions are just looking different (excluded the amount of teeth) because there are maybe different manufacturing companys.
Oh heilige Maria der gesegneten Beschleunigung! Verlass uns nicht in diesem Moment! (Elwood Blues)

Zitat:Hey

I have problem with my 320 timing belt. I was stupid and throw away the old belt and now i don't now which belt is the right. Yearmodel is -82 and the belt should be with round shape teeth, but it doesnt fit to my car because beltwheels are with square shape teeth. This information doesn't solve the problem because there is 4 or 5 different belts for 320-6cyl on the market...

In fact, there are only two timing belts available for 1982 model year 320/6: 11 31 1 713 361 (round teeth) or 11 31 1 717 215 (square teeth)

If you are not absolutely sure that the production date of your car was after November 1981, you should consult your local BMW dealer - based on your vehicle's VIN he can find out which timing belt is the right one for your engine.
Wohl dem Synodalen, der nichts zu sagen hat und der dennoch schweigt. (Gustav Heinemann)
Thanks for your answers. I was looking Contitechs belt catalogue and there was 4-5 different belts, but maybe i misread the catalogue. I don't think that beltprofile depends on the manufacturer because both belts was Contitech. There was belt with 127 teeth and other belt with 128, if i remember right. Maybe the right thing no is, as you say, visit the nearest BMW dealer and ask them this belt case.
Alt least one thing is for sure: Your belt has either 127 or 110 teeth.
Wohl dem Synodalen, der nichts zu sagen hat und der dennoch schweigt. (Gustav Heinemann)

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste